Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The future of newspaper

I have a hard time thinking about whether the newspaper of today will stay around in the future or turn out completely digital. I am not the type of person that has any interest in news. I find it highly depressing and avoid it for the most part. I think that one day newspapers will become rare, at least because of the ease of finding and getting online news. But I definitely do not think that, that will happen till my generation is a lot older. The generations before me still read the paper and some of mine do to so I believe that as long as there are readers around there will at least be some form of the newspaper printed.

2 comments:

RT said...

I agree with your opinion newspapers most likely will become quite rare, maybe not as rare as a dinosaur bone but rare enough, just like the old newspapers your grandparents had it will probably have that same effect. It will take a much longer time for our generations to have the newspapers die out, not over a few years, but I think it would be a much longer time frame.

BEAR253 said...

I agree with you that as long as their is some demad for printed newspaper someone will be their to make money off of them. I think that the Wall Street Journal and New York Times will always be in print.